Funeral and memorial services, Swan Hill
Swan Hill & District Funerals assist with all significant details associated with the planning and implementation of funeral services and memorial services in Swan Hill and district, from church and cemetery arrangements, liaising with ministers or funeral celebrants through to providing funeral cars and helping organise catering.
Our funeral arrangements and ceremonies in Swan Hill encompass the following:
- Facilities and staff to professionally and compassionately organise movement of the deceased from home, hospital or care facility to our mortuary at any hour of the day or night. We provide rendering of hygienic preparation, care and dressing for viewing.
- Liaising with clergy and celebrants in Swan Hill and district and co-ordinate venue requirements for all denominations and cultural needs.
- Advising upon and performing the many aspects of funeral matters, issues or concerns and ensuring the requirements and stipulations of pre-arranged funerals are fulfilled.
- Provision of a wide selection of funeral caskets and coffins to satisfy almost any personal wish. Our range includes a variety of materials, colours and styles which can be personalised. We have our very own Murray River Scene photo courtesy of Allistair Blackman.
- Procurement of necessary Medical Certificate of Death from the Doctor to allow burial or cremation. Obtaining of necessary Cremation Statutory Certificate from a qualified Practitioner.
- If your funeral arrangements include cremation we will make arrangements with the crematorium, just as we do with the cemetery for reservation of time and grave requirements. We provide simulated grass matting, canopy and chairs for all burials.
- Provision of hearse and funeral cars.
- Arranging of flowers, including colour, type, theme, style, for the coffin and the venue. We can arrange for families to speak with our own Swan Hill funerals florist at Francis Florist if requested. Our close relationship with Francis Florist ensures floral arrangements are consistent with families’ wishes and expectations.
- Receiving and careful handling and arranging of floral tributes at the chapel, church or other funeral service venue.
- Displaying of floral tributes at the cemetery or crematorium and collection of cards.
- Organising any service printing requirements. Most Swan Hill & District Funerals printing is done in-house or arrangements can be made with local printers if required.
- Preparing and inserting notices in required newspapers and radio where applicable.
- Publicising funeral details and tributes from family, friends and colleagues on our website’s funeral notices.
- Contacting and fulfilling any wishes concerning service organisations such as Lodge, RSL, etc.
- Producing audio visual (DVD) and music presentations. Our Swan Hill funeral and memorial services include the provision of large screens to display treasured visual memories, and modern sound systems ensure every spoken memory or musical tribute can be heard clearly.
- Experienced Funeral Director with trained, courteous Staff for constant attention during the funeral.
- Liaison with church groups and commercial caterers in Swan Hill and other centres for funeral catering requirements.
- Completing application for funeral bereavement benefit for Centrelink, TAC where applicable. Notification to Veterans Affairs Department where deceased service personnel are involved.
- Provision of National Flag where appropriate.
- Completion of registration with Government Registrar and applying for the full death certificate on behalf of the family.
At Swan Hill & District Funerals we provide full advice and guidance on all matters concerning funerals, funeral procedure and funeral costs, burials and cremations and pre-arranged and prepaid funerals. Please contact us for more information.